Frequently asked questions
Answers to your questions
You have questions, we have answers. Take a look at our list of commonly asked questions.
Have questions that hasn’t been answered? Feel free to contact us.
Genesis is a full service design center that offers full interior design service, specialized kitchen and bathroom cabinetry drawings, as well as a supply of cabinets, countertops, plumbing fixtures, tiles and flooring. We have our own installers and preferred contractors. We also provide Project Management services.
|Room Size||Entry Level||Premium||High End|
|Small (10×10)||10k – 14k||14k – 19k||18k+|
|Medium (15×15)||14k – 17k||17k – 20k||20k+|
|Large||20k – 25k||25k – 28k||28k+|
Note: Kitchen cabinet budgets vary depending on the quality of materials and size of kitchen. The above amounts are meant to be estimates for kitchen cabinets only. The estimates above include cabinets and cabinet installation only.
We are a dealer for multiple leading cabinetry lines; each company has entry level to high-end cabinets to work with varying budgets and styles. Cabinetry varies in finishes, construction, and wood species (Alder, Walnut, Cherry, Fir, Maple, Oak, etc). We will match each project to the line that meets your style and budget.
All of our Indoor lines are manufactured in Canada, mostly in the lower mainland of Vancouver, meeting or exceeding industry standards. Our outdoor cabinet line NatureKast is Manufactured in Saint Catharines, Ontario and our other line Danver is manufactured in Connecticut in the United States.
Colours and trends are always changing and we are constantly updating our knowledge in these areas by attending the kitchen and bathroom trade shows, attending seminars and workshops. We pride ourselves on being leading edge of all styles, colours, and trends.
There are many types of countertops available and they all have different price points, performance characteristics, colour selection, places where they are used and lead time to installation.
- Quartz countertops – High end product manufactured from approximately 96% natural materials. Non-porous and only product approved by FDA for non-bacterial growth. Available in a variety of brands that provide an extensive selection of colours and patterns. Commonly used in Kitchens, bathrooms, and built-ins. Two week lead time from template to install.
- Granite countertops – Premium product and pricing, with beautiful colors, patterns, and a natural look. Needs to be sealed, as it is a porous material. Sealing is very easy and only necessary every 3-5 years. Commonly used in kitchens, baths and built-ins. Two week lead time from template to install.
- Solid Surfacing countertops – Premium product and pricing. Enables integrated sinks. Non-porous, with a variety of colours available. Commonly used in Kitchens and commercial projects. Two week lead time from template to install.
- Butcher block – Premium product. There are a variety of wood species and finishes available, each having their own style and design to enhance the look of a kitchen. Most commonly used on islands as a feature and desk areas. Two week lead time from template to install.
- Laminate countertops – Entry level pricing, moderate performance with a variety of colours and styles available. Commonly used in condos, basement suites, laundry rooms, and bathrooms. Lead time from template to installation is generally one week.
6 to 12 weeks depending on the scope of work.
Genesis Kitchens is proud to offer our designer discount with select appliance companies to our customers. We have partnered with multiple appliance stores that will work with our customers to find the best products for your project.
We have partnered with flooring suppliers that will work with you to define the best products for your needs and preference whether it be laminate, tile, dura-tile, or hardwood.
Each manufacturer has their own warranty and warranty language. Please contact Genesis directly for specific manufacturer warranty information.
We have a list of preferred contractors that we can recommend to you or we can work with a contractor of your own selection. You can select either one as part of the renovation process.
Yes, please visit our Coquitlam showroom at Unit B – 1037 Ridgeway Avenue, Coquitlam, BC, 604-937-7336. We will be happy to show you our many samples of colours and styles for cabinets, countertop, tile, and cabinet hardware.
Genesis is an authorized dealer for Nickels Custom Cabinets, Columbia Cabinets, Montalco Cabinets, and Kitchen Craft Cabinetry. We can design cabinetry for any area in your home or office including kitchens, bathrooms, laundry, wine room, fireplace surround, dining room, home office, pantry, closets, and any other room. Genesis takes pride in specializing in all things Cabinetry.
Yes, Genesis Kitchens & Design has partnered with a number of suppliers of countertops, plumbing fixtures, backsplash tile, flooring, and cabinet hardware.
There are five options for your existing cabinets:
- You can use the cabinets in another room in the house or garage for storage.
- You can donate them to Habitat for Humanity. Please contact them to see if they are accepting cabinets at the time.
- You can contact Jack’s New & Used as they may take the cabinets. http://jacksused.com/
- The cabinets can be sold on Craigslist.
- The cabinets can be taken to the dump.
Begin your dream lifestyle.